Dried Apricot and Cranberry Coffee Cake
- 1 1/2 cups plus 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 Tbs. (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted, plus 2 Tbs. cold butter
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots or dried peaches
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
Preheat an oven to 400°F. Lightly butter an 8-inch square baking pan.
In a bowl, whisk together the 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/2 cup of the sugar, the baking powder and cinnamon. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk and melted butter. Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir well. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1/2 cup sugar, 3 Tbs. flour and 2 Tbs. cold butter. Using your fingertips, work the ingredients together to make a coarse crumble. Sprinkle the dried fruits over the batter and then sprinkle with the crumble mixture.
Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the coffee cake comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 15 to 30 minutes before serving. To serve, cut into squares. Serves 6.
You'll also love
- Sun-Dried Tomato Fettuccine 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Pulled Pork in a Crock Pot 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Corn and Potato Salad 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- cranberry-orange chutney 4.6/5 (8 Votes)
- Big Boy Strawberry Pie 4.5/5 (18 Votes)
- Cranberry Walnut Brussels Sprouts 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Apricot-Stuffed French Toast 4.6/5 (10 Votes)