Corn and Potato Salad
- 1 ear fresh corn
- 2/3 lb small waxy potatoes, such as Yukon Gold or Red Bliss
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 small red onion
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- Black pepper
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 2 TBS fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 TBS fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Adapted from bhg.com
1. Shuck corn, then place the ear in a large pot with potatoes. Add water and salt to cover by 2", then bring to boiling. Boil, covered, for 2-4 minutes until corn is tender. Remove corn. Continue to boil potatoes 15-20 minutes until very tender.
2. While potatoes cook, finely chop onion. In a large bowl, combine onion with the vinegar, salt, & pepper. Cut kernels from ear of corn and add to onion in bowl.
3. When potatoes are tender, drain. Cool enough to handle. Place them on a board and press with hands or a potato masher to break up. Add to bowl with onion and corn. Add the oil and gently stir to combine.
4. Let the potato salad come to room temperature, then add the herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. If desired, chill up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature at least 1 hour. If needed, toss with additional olive oil and vinegar before serving.
Makes 2 servings. Each serving = 7 Weight Watchers points.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (884 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (886 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (497 Votes)
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (452 Votes)
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (281 Votes)
- Zucchini & Sweet Corn Casserole 4.5/5 (192 Votes)
- Halloween Candy Corn Cupcakes 4.5/5 (133 Votes)