Air Fryer Spicy Chicken Empanadas
- 1 box of Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 2 rolls
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie Chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped Green Onion/Scallions
- 1/2 ccup chopped Cilantro
- 2 chopped Jalapeno, seeds and membrane removed
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp ground Cumin
- 2 tsp Hot Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Egg wash (1 egg whisked with 1 Tablespoon water)
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 tsp chopped Green Onion/Scallion
- 1/2 cup chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp smoked Paprika
- Salt to tasteIn a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, jalapeno and cilantro, garlic powder, ground cumin, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well.
In a large bowl, combine shredded chicken, cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, jalapeno and cilantro, garlic powder, ground cumin, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Mix well.
Unroll the pie dough onto a well-floured surface. Using a 5-inch circular cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as possible. Using a rolling-pin, roll out the scraps and continue to cut out circles until the dough runs out. We got 10 circles from 1 pie dough.
Repeat the same with the other pie dough.Spoon about 1 tablespoon of the spicy chicken filling into middle of dough. Moisten edges with egg wash.
Fold the dough in half over the filling, forming a half circle, then use the fingers to gently press and seal the edges. Use a fork to crimp the edges together.
Brush each empanadas with the egg wash.
Air fry the empanadas at 400 F for 10 minutes.
Serve hot with Cilantro-Scallion Dipping Sauce.