Sausage Apple Dressing with Bacon & Mushrooms
Bacon, sausage, apples and mushrooms make this stuffing recipe full of delicious flavors. Perfect for Thanksgiving dinner or anytime of year!
- 1 pound bread, cubed, about 2 cups
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage, about 1 1/2 cups
- 6 slices bacon, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 large onion
- 1 cup celery
- 8 ounces mushrooms, about 1 cup
- 2 Granny Smiths, peeled, cored and chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 50mins
Toast the bread cubes in a 350°F oven for about 20 minutes. Don't let them brown, they just want to be dried out.
In a large saucepan, brown the bacon pieces and the sausage. Add the veggies and stir and cook until they are tender.
Add all of the ingredients to a large casserole dish, and mix well. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
You'll also love
- Lentil Soup with Lemon, Chicken,... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Pasta Sauce - Can it yourself! 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- lemon-ginger pork stir-fry 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Zucchini Bread with Oats 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- AHA Campbell's Creamy Dijon... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Mushroom and Roasted Butternut... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Apple Crisp - Gluten Free 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- The Best Leftover Turkey Sandwich... 4.3/5 (9 Votes)