Lightened-Up Slow-Cooker Chicken Buffalo Dip
Chicken Buffalo Dip usually comes with a bad wrap of being too fatty. This slow-cooker version is full of the same big flavors but with fewer calories and less fat. So dig in and enjoy!
- 2 (8-ounce) packages reduced-fat cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups white meat from a rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded, shredded
- 2 cups low-fat cheddar, shredded (about 6-ounces)
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup hot sauce, such as Frank's
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 cup parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Celery and carrot sticks, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 135mins
Put the cream cheese, chicken, cheddar, buttermilk, hot sauce, flour, Worcestershire, cayenne, garlic powder and onion powder in a slow cooker, and stir to roughly combine.
Cover, and cook on high for 2 hours; the mixture should be bubbling and the Cheddar melted. Stir until smooth and combined. Sprinkle with the parsley and blue cheese, reduce the heat to warm and serve with celery and carrot sticks.