Easy White Bean Dip
- 2 TBS olive oil, divided (1 TBS / 1 TBS)
- 1/2 tsp fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 TBS fresh red onion, finely chopped
- 1 can (15 oz) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Adapted from myrecipes.com
1. In a small saucepan or frying pan over medium-low heat, warm 1 TBS olive oil. Add sage leaves and cook until crisp, about 4 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to low, add garlic and onion, and stir for about 1 minute, until fragrant but not browned
3. In a food processor or blender, puree beans, 1 TBS olive oil, and lemon juice. Remove to a medium bowl. Using a wooden spoon, mix the garlic-sage mixture with bean puree and add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Allow flavors to blend for 15 minutes before serving, and if you like, add more lemon juice to taste.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 4 Weight Watchers points.