Cranberry & Pear Crumble
Perfect flavors of fall with the sweet pears and tart cranberries. This crisp delivers! Serve with fresh whipped cream or vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes, 1 stick
- 2/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 6 firm but ripe Anjou pears, peeled, halved, cored and diced, about 6 cups
- 1 cup fresh or unthawed frozen cranberries, coarsely chopped
- Vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream, for serving
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 65mins
Adapted from williams-sonoma.com
Position a rack in the lower third of an oven and preheat to 350°F. Grease a 12-inch oval or 9-by-13-inch rectangular baking dish with a 2-quart capacity.
To make the topping, in a bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cinnamon and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it is crumbly. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the filling.
To make the filling, in a small bowl, stir together the sugar, salt and cornstarch. In a large bowl, combine the pears and cranberries. Sprinkle with the sugar mixture and toss to distribute evenly. Spoon the fruit mixture into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the topping evenly over the fruit.
Bake the crumble until the topping is crisp and golden brown and the fruit filling bubbles slowly around the edges, 40 to 50 minutes. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream. Serves 8.
You'll also love
- Cashews with Sea Salt & Black... 4.2/5 (13 Votes)
- Shrimp and Grits in Tasso Gravy 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Zucchini Spaghetti Skillet with... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Celery Root with Apples, Walnuts... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Winter Squash Gnocchi with Brown... 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Winter Caprese Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Apple Baked Ham Recipe 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Citrus-Marinated Turkey 4.4/5 (10 Votes)