Green peppers stuffed with Lean ground beef, onions and Celery.
- 3 large green bell peppers
- 5 cups water, Boiling, Salted
- 1 lb lean beef, Ground
- 1/4 cup onion, Chopped, 1 small
- 1/2 cup celery, Chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup instant rice, Uncooked
- 1/2 cup water
1 Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2 Cut each bell pepper lengthwise in half.
3 Wash the insides and outsides of the peppers after removing the seeds and membranes.
4 Cook the peppers in the boiling salted water for 5 minutes then drain and set aside. Cook and stir the meat, onion and celery in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
5 Drain off the excess fat. Stir in half of the tomato sauce and the remaining ingredients, heat to boiling then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes.
6 Place the peppers, cut sides up, in an ungreased baking pan 9 X 9 X 2 or 8 X 8 X 2-inches.
7 Spoon the meat filling into each of the pepper half evenly and then cover the pan with aluminum foil.
8 Bake for 25 minutes then uncover and top with the remaining tomato sauce and bake an additional 5 minutes.
You'll also love
- Popcorn 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pumpkin Bread Pudding 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Pork-Apple Bake 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Crockpot Green Chile Pork Stew 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Easy Skillet Beef and Vegetable... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- onion marmalade 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Three Cheese Caramelized Onion and... 4/5 (2 Votes)
- Barb's Broccoli Ground Beef... 4.5/5 (2 Votes)