- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, slightly
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tblespoons dark rum
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas ( about 4 or 5)
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1, Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. In a large bowl, with an electric hand mixer, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy; about 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, rum and bananas mixing until fully incorporated.
3. Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, add the flour mixture into the banana mixture, stirring until just incorporated. Fold in coconut flakes. Pour bbatter into prepared loaf pan.
4 Bank in preheated oven for 60 to 65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let bread cool for 10 minutes, and then turn out onto a wire rack.