Fuyu Persimmon Salad With Cumin-Lime Vinaigrette
- 2 pounds Fuyu persimmons see * Note
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 serrano chile seeded, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts toasted
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
* Note: Fuyus are the small, crisp persimmons. They're only slightly sweet, so when paired with an assertive vinaigrette, they make a refreshing salad.
Cut off the tough green calyxes and slice each persimmon in 10 to 12 wedges.
In a small lidded jar, combine the lime juice, cumin, about half of the chile, a dash of salt and the walnut oil. Tightly cover and shake hard to mix well. Taste the dressing on a small piece of persimmon. There should be just enough chile to add a suggestion of heat. If you'd like it hotter, add more and shake again.
Combine the persimmons and the dressing in a work bowl and toss to coat well. Turn the salad out into a decorative bowl and sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds, walnuts and cilantro. Taste and add more salt or lime juice if necessary.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
Each of 8 servings: 185 calories; 39 mg. sodium; 0 cholesterol; 4 grams fat; 0 saturated fat; 40 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams protein; 0.30 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Fusilli With Tomato-Vodka Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fennel Soup II 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Coconut Toffee Crisps 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Chocolate And Cherry Tart 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon & Haricots Verts Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pomegranate-Glazed Orange... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Lime Jell-O Marshmallow Cottage... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Winter Green Salad With Walnuts... 0/5 (0 Votes)