Creamy Chicken Bake
Recipe from SweetLittleBluebird.com
- 2 1/2 to 3 lbs Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts (I use 4 large breasts)
- 1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup (10 3/4 ounces, condensed )
- 1 can Cream of Chicken Soup (10 3/4 ounces, condensed)
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 8 oz can Mushrooms drained (stems and pieces - or use fresh) *optional
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Chives (chopped)
- Few dashes of Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Adapted from sweetlittlebluebird.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease (non-stick cooking spray) a 9x13 baking dish or similar size. Place chicken breast in baking dish in a single layer - lightly salt and pepper. In a medium size bowl mix soups, sour cream, onion powder, mushrooms, chives and water. Next, evenly pour over top of chicken and lightly sprinkle with paprika. Bake on middle rack for approximately 1 hour, until chicken breast is cooked thoroughly and internal temperature reaches 170 degrees f. Cooking time will vary depending on size of breasts. *The best way to make sure the chicken is ready is checking the internal temperature.
When ready, serve with your favorite veggie, like broccoli or green beans and a side of rice or noodles. Be sure to top your rice or noodles with the creamy sauce! Enjoy!
I like to add additional chives on top after baking! So good!