Quinoa with Sausage and Peppers
Find more recipes at:
- 1 14 1/2 oz reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tbls stone ground mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 3 medium yellow, green, and/or red sweet peppers, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 12 oz package cooked Italian chicken sausage links, halved lenghtwise and sliced crosswise
- 1 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese or 4oz crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 25mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker combine broth, quinoa, vinegar, mustard, and honey. Add sweet peppers, onion, and sausage.
Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 5 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
To serve, stir mixture gently. Top each serving with cheese.