Skinny Hawaiian Pizza Pasta
Sweet and salty team up like only they know how in my Skinny Hawaiian Pizza Pasta! This one is just too fun to pass up! Sweet, little, mouth-watering pineapple chunks are perfect with smokey, savory cuts of ham! Mix the two with a little tomato sauce and whole wheat pasta, and it seriously taste just like a Hawaiian Pizza! Nutrition Information
Per Serving: 1/8 of recipe
Vitamin A: 5%
Vitamin C: 40%
WWP+: 7 points
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp Stevia (or your favorite sweetener)
- 3 cups uncooked whole wheat pasta spirals
- 20 oz pineapple chunks, in it's own juice, drained
- 1 cup cooked reduced-sodium diced ham
- 1/2 cup mini turkey pepperonis
- 1/2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup low-moisture, part-skim, shredded mozzarella cheese
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from skinnymom.com
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan, sauté the onion, mushrooms, green pepper, and red
pepper for 3-4 minutes until tender.
3. Add garlic and cook for 1-2 more minutes, stirring often.
4. Add tomato sauce, basil, oregano, bay leaves, Italian seasoning and
5. Bring sauce to a boil and reduce heat.
6. Simmer uncovered for 20 minutes and let sauce thicken. Stir frequently.
7. While sauce is cooking, cook pasta according to package directions.
8. Discard bay leaves from sauce.
9. Stir in the pasta, ½ cup mozzarella cheese, turkey pepperoni, ham, and
10. Transfer pasta to a greased shallow 3 quart baking dish.
11. Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese.
12. Bake for 30 minutes uncovered or until completely heated through