Gluten Free Banana Muffins
These muffins do gluten-free eating proud. They are so soft and moist, and they are brimming with sweet banana flavor.
- 1 3/4 cup gluten-free flour blend
- For the gluten-free flour blend: 1 1/2 cups white rice flour* 1/2 cup potato starch 1/4 cup tapioca flour 3/4 tsp xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups mashed overripe bananas (from about 3)
- Optional - 3/4 cup chocolate chips
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 35mins
Adapted from cookingclassy.com
Preheat oven to 400°F. In a mixing bowl, whisk together gluten-free flour blend, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, salt, and cinnamon for 20 seconds, set aside.
In a separate large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer set on medium speed (or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment), whip together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy and fluffy. Mix in eggs on a time, mixing until combined after each addition.
Working in three separate batches, beginning and ending with flour mixture, add 1/3 of the flour mixture alternating with 1/2 of the mashed bananas and mixing until well blended after each addition. Divide batter among 12 paper lined muffin cups, filling each to the top (about 1/3 cup in each), then bake in preheated oven 17 to 20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean (or with a few moist crumbs. If you feel they are browning too much near the end you can tent the tops with a sheet of foil).
Cool in muffin tin several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
You'll also love
- Zucchini Casserole 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Sweet... 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Pear, Beet & Gorgonzola Green Salad 4.3/5 (11 Votes)
- Green Beans with Shallots, Thyme,... 4.6/5 (10 Votes)
- Festive Cranberry Jell-O Salad 4.4/5 (10 Votes)
- Figgy Toffee Pudding 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Boston Cream Whiskey Banana Pie 4.6/5 (9 Votes)
- Auntie Ime's Banana panikeke... 4.5/5 (10 Votes)