Tom Yam Kai
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon thinly-sliced kaffir lime leaves (abt 2 leaves)
- 1 lemon grass stalk - (thin) cut 2" pieces
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1/2 cup whole peeled straw mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chile paste with soya bean oil (nam prik pao)
Cut chicken on the diagonal into 1/2-inch slices. Combine the chicken, water, lime leaves and lemon grass in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat then reduce the heat to low and simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
Add the fish sauce, lime juice, cilantro, mushrooms and chile paste. Stir to combine and serve.
This recipe yields 2 servings.
Each serving: 193 calories; 847 mg sodium; 72 mg cholesterol; 3 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 11 grams carbohydrates; 29 grams protein; 0.34 gram fiber.