Healthy Fried Rice Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup(s) water
- 1 cup(s) broth, chicken, fat skimmed from top
- 1 1/3 cup(s) rice, long grain, uncooked
- 2 teaspoon oil, vegetable
- 2 tablespoon onion(s), finely chopped
- 1 cup(s) celery, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon pepper(s), green, bell, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) nuts, pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/2 cup(s) water chestnuts, canned, sliced
1. Bring water and stock to boil in medium-size saucepan.
2. Add rice and stir. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat. Let stand, covered, for five minutes or until all liquid is absorbed. Reserve.
4. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet.
5. Sauté onion and celery over moderate heat for three minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients, including reserved cooked rice. Fluff with fork before serving.
Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 139, Saturated Fat: 0.5g, Sodium: 86mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 5g, Carbs: 21g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Protein: 3g
Carb Choices: 1.5