Grapefruit and Seafood Ceviche
Refreshing ceviche made with shrimp, scallops and calamari are mixed with grapefruit and lime juices to marinate, then mixed with grapefruit, cilantro and mint and topped with crispy garlic slices.
- 1 pound rock or small shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails removed
- 12 ounces bay scallops, cleaned
- 12 ounces calamari rings and tentacles
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 red grapefruit, peeled and segmented, juices reserved
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeño, stemmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 (2-inch) piece ginger, peeled and julienned
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 cup mint leaves
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 100mins
Toss shrimp, scallops, calamari, honey, grapefruit and lime juices, jalapeño, ginger, and salt in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap; chill until shrimp are opaque, about 1 hour.
Heat oil and garlic in an 8” skillet over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden and slightly crisp, 2–3 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer garlic to paper towels to drain; reserve oil and let cool.
Unwrap seafood mixture; add grapefruit segments, cilantro, and mint. Toss to combine and transfer ceviche to a serving dish. Drizzle with reserved garlic oil; sprinkle with reserved crisp garlic.