- 1 stick unsalted butter, plus more for pan
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, cut into chunks
Adapted from marthastewart.com
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter an 8-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment, leaving an overhang on 2 sides, then butter parchment and flour pan, tapping out excess.
Melt butter and honey in a saucepan. Stir in brown sugar, then transfer to a bowl. Stir in egg and vanilla, then flour and salt until just combined. Let cool about 30 minutes. Stir in chocolate chunks; spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
Bake until browned on edges and set, about 28 minutes. Let cool completely in pan set on a wire rack, then lift blondies out of pan using overhang. Remove parchment and cut into squares. Blondies can be stored in an airtight container up to 3 days.