Coconut Snowballs Cookies
Little cookie balls are swirled into a glaze and then covered with shredded sweet coconut flakes. Yum!
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 to 5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1 1/2 cup sweetened coconut, shredded
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 35mins
Preheat the oven to 375°F.
Mix together flour, sugar, salt together in a bowl. With an electric mixer add softened butter about 1/4 cup at a time until it combines with the dry ingredients. You’ll have a pebbly mixture. Add 2 tablespoons of softened cream cheese and vanilla. You’ll need to use your hands to bring the mixture together into a dough. Knead for a minute or two.
Line two cookie sheets with parchment.
Use a Tablespoon to scoop the dough, then roll it between your hands to make balls. Place on the lined sheets at least an inch apart. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes. Watch them carefully, you want them to firm up and turn very light gold. Any longer and they’ll be hard! Take them out and allow them to cool completely on a rack.
While they cool, mix up 3 tablespoons of lemon juice with 1 tablespoons of cream cheese. Slowly add 1 1/2 cups of confectioner’s sugar until you have a thick icing. Now add as much lemon juice as you need to thin it out to a glaze.
Spread your coconut in a layer on a plate. Take each cookie and swirl it into the glaze so all of the top gets covered (let excess drip off) then press it in the coconut to cover. Allow to set if you can wait.
You'll also love
- Dark Chocolate Coconut Bark 4.2/5 (22 Votes)
- Bolillos - Mexican Oval Rolls 4.3/5 (21 Votes)
- Chocolate Orange Cupcakes 4/5 (44 Votes)
- New York Style Lemon Cheesecake 4.1/5 (34 Votes)
- Banana-Coconut Crunch Cake 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Coconut Whipped Cream (ISI Whipper) 4.5/5 (14 Votes)
- Tate's Bake Shop Chocolate Chip... 3.9/5 (63 Votes)
- Pumpkin Power Cookies 4.1/5 (8 Votes)