Raspberry Cream Cheese Coffee Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose or unbleached flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 8-oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour bottom and sides of 9-to-10-inch springform pan. Lightly spoon flour into measuring cup; level off. In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using pastry blender or fork, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumble. Reserve 1 cup of crumble mixture.
To remaining crumble mixture, add baking powder, salt, sour cream, almond extract and 1 egg; blend well. Spread batter over the bottom and 2 inches up the side of greased and floured pa. Batter should be about a ¼ inch thick on sides.
In small bowl combine cream cheese, ¼ cup sugar and 1-egg; blend well. Pour into batter lined- pan. Carefully spoon preserves evenly over cream cheese mixture.
In a small bowl, combine reserved crumb mixture and sliced almonds. Sprinkle over preserves. Bake 350 degrees 45-55 minutes or until cream cheese filling is set and crust is deep golden brown.
Cool 15 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm or cool. Cut into wedges. Refrigerate leftovers.
You'll also love
- Thai Pork Satay 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Puerto Rico - Garlicky Roast Pork... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- All-American Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Tuscan Lemon Chicken (Barefoot) 0/5 (0 Votes)
- COCONUT HORCHATA 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Mini Sunflower Seed Cranberry Balls 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Raspberry Cream Cheese Danish 0/5 (0 Votes)