Fresh Raspberry Hazelnut Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups sugar cookie crumbs
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely ground
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 4 packages (each 8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup raspberries, cut into quarters, if large
- 1/2 hazelnuts, toasted and coarsely ground
- 1/2 cup raspberries, whole
- 1/4 cup hazlnuts, toasted and chopped
- Whipped cream, optional
1. Crust: In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs, hazelnuts and butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
2. FILLING: In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, sour cream and sugar on medium high for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in flour, lemon juice and vanilla. Fold in raspberries and nuts. Pour batter over crust. Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 55 minutes or until the top is light brown. Cool for 2 hours. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 6 hours before decorating.
3. DECRATION: Sprinkle top with raspberries and nuts prior to serving. You can serve with a dollop of whipped cream on the side, if desired.