Bacon-Cheddar Potato Dip
Find more recipes at:
- 2 1/4 pounds Yukon gold or other yellow-flesh potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 slices hickory- or applewood-smoked bacon
- 1 10 ounce carton cream cheese for cooking
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions (2)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- Sour cream-and-onion potato chips or sweet pepper wedges
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
Adapted from keyingredient.com
In a covered large saucepan cook potatoes in enough boiling, lightly salted water to cover for 15 to 20 minutes or until tender; drain.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon; drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon; reserve 1 tablespoon of the crumbled bacon for topping.
In a large bowl combine the remaining crumbled bacon, cream cheese for cooking, 3/4 cup of the cheddar cheese, the sour cream, green onions, and garlic salt. Press cooked potatoes through a ricer* onto the cheese mixture; stir gently to combine. Spoon potato mixture into a 1-1/2- or 2-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for about 2 hours or until heated through (160 degrees F).
Top dip with the remaining 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and the reserved bacon. Serve immediately or keep warm, covered, on warm-heat or low-heat setting for up to 2 hours. Serve with potato chips.
*If you don't have a ricer, mash potatoes with a potato masher until fluffy.
Bacon, Blue Cheese, and Potato Dip:
Prepare as directed above, except substitute 1 cup crumbled blue cheese (4 ounces) for the cheddar cheese. Serve with barbecue-flavor potato chips or celery sticks instead of sour-cream-and-onion-flavor potato chips and sweet pepper wedges.
You'll also love
- Chicken and Sun-Dried-Tomato... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sausage Cream Cheese Dip 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet and Spicy Glazed Sausages 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Streusel Topped Blueberry Muffins 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Barbecued Pork Chops 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Make Ahead Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bacon-and-Cheese Deviled Eggs 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheddar Bacon Ranch Pinwheels 0/5 (0 Votes)