Brown Butter Toffee & Macadamia Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
These insanely delicious Brown Butter White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies are guaranteed to be a new favorite!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) + 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup crushed toffee pieces (I used Heath milk chocolate toffee bits)
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top
Brown 1 stick plus 1 tablespoon butter. Once butter is browned, remove from heat and pour into a bowl to cool slightly.
In a stand mixture fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the other stick of butter with the granulated sugar until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add the vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add the slightly cooled brown butter and the brown sugar and mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add the egg and egg yolk and mix until fully incorporated.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, and baking soda. Add all at once to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips, macadamia nuts, and toffee pieces with a wooden spoon or spatula.
Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Scoop dough into balls using a small cookie scoop and place 2-inches apart on a lightly greased or Silpat-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until just starting to turn golden brown around the edges.
Remove from oven and sprinkle with sea salt. Allow to cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
You'll also love
- Blackberry Cobbler 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Bacon Cheeseburger Pasta Recipe 4.5/5 (27 Votes)
- Key Lime Pie 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Country Christmas Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Festive Meringue Cookies 4.6/5 (14 Votes)
- Pistachio Shortbread Cookies 4.4/5 (30 Votes)
- Nutella Stuffed Peanut Butter... 4.6/5 (17 Votes)
- Mrs. Fields Copycat White... 0/5 (0 Votes)