Fresh Sausage Cake
This recipe is one of the most unique I've ever seen. It was given to me by a client who was of German descent. I have not made it yet but I'm told that it is similar to a fruit cake in density. The family's name was "Finkenbine"
- 1 lbs. fresh sausage (unseasoned, not browned)
- 1 lbs. raisins
- 2 C Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. cloves
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 TBS. cocoa
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp. soda in 1 C of boiling water
- 3 C flour
- 1 C mixed nuts (black walnuts **we use English)
1. Mix all well together. Add flour and nuts
2. Grease and flour tube pan lightl
3. Bake in tube pan 1 to 1 hr. 15 min in moderate oven 325 degrees.