Biscuit Cheeseburger Casserole
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1/2 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices (3/4 oz each) American cheese
- 1 can (7.5 oz) Pillsbury® Country® refrigerated biscuits
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 50mins
Heat oven to 400°F.
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef, onion and bell pepper over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is thoroughly cooked; drain.
Stir in tomato sauce, ketchup and pepper. Reduce heat to low. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally
Spoon 1/3 of beef mixture into ungreased 2-quart casserole. Top with 4 slices of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining beef mixture, spreading to edge of casserole.
Separate dough into 10 biscuits. Arrange biscuits in single layer around edge of hot mixture in casserole.
Bake 13 to 17 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.