Scallops with Hazelnuts and Warm Sun Gold Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped skin-on hazelnuts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 pound large sea scallops, side muscle removed, patted dry
- 1 pint Sun Gold or grape tomatoes
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from BON APPETIT.COM
Preheat oven to 350°. Toast hazelnuts on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing occasionally, until golden brown, 8–10 minutes. Toss with 1 Tbsp. oil; season with salt and pepper.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 Tbsp. oil in a large cast-iron or nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Season scallops with salt and pepper; cook until golden brown and just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
Pour off most liquid in skillet. Add tomatoes and shallot, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing, until some tomatoes have burst, about 4 minutes. Mix in vinegar and serve with scallops topped with tarragon and hazelnuts.
You'll also love
- Lentil Bolognese 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Baked Pumpkin Cream Cheese French... 4.8/5 (20 Votes)
- Parsnip & Barley Risotto 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sautéed Beef with Tomatoes - WW 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Eggs Stuffed with Tuna and... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Tuna Pasta Salad with Green Beans 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Sage and Cranberry Crab Cakes... 5/5 (4 Votes)
- Paleo Zucchini Ham & Sun-dried... 5/5 (4 Votes)