Minted Squash-Orzo Salad
Prep time 15 min.
- Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Orzo pasta
- 4 Tbsp. garlic flavored olive oil
- 1 large yellow squash, quartered lengthwise and thinly sliced Can use frozen.
- Freshly ground pepper
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 3/4 cups fresh mint leaves, chopped, plus more for topping
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 30mins
Bring a large pot of heavily salted water to a boil over medium heat. Stir in the orzo and cook as the label directs. Drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool. Drain, shake off the excess water and transfer to a large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the squash, season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and cool to room temp.
Add the squash to the bowl with the orzo. Stir in three-quarters of the feta, the mint , the remaining 2 tablespoons garlic olive oil, and salt and pepper to taste. top with remaining feta and more mint.
You'll also love
- 10-Alarm Turkey Chili 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Blackberry Fudge 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Strawberry Cream Puffs With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cheesy Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Linguine With Creamy White Clam... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seafood Couscous Paella 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Broccoli & Leek Pasta with Lemon 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Sour Cream Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)