Capellini with Pine Nuts, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Chicken
- Capellini with Pine Nuts, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, and Chicken
- • 4 oz whole wheat capellini or angel hair pasta
- • 3 oz dry-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- • 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- • 8 oz chicken breast tenderloins, cut into bite-size pieces
- • 1/8 tsp salt
- • 3 cloves garlic, minced
- • 1/4-1/2 tsp red-pepper flakes
- • 1/4 c sliced fresh basil
- • 1/2 c pine nuts, toasted (MUFA)
1. Prepare pasta per package directions without adding salt. Meanwhile, soak tomatoes in hot water 10 minutes or until soft. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of water, and chop.
2. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat while pasta cooks. Season chicken with salt. Add chicken, garlic, and red-pepper flakes to skillet. Cook, stirring, until garlic turns golden, 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and reserved water and cook 2 to 3 minutes until chicken is completely cooked.
3. Drain pasta, add to skillet, and toss. Add basil and toss. Divide pasta equally among 4 bowls and sprinkle each with 2 tablespoons of pine nuts. Top with more basil, if desired.
Nutritional info per serving: 387 cal, 22 g pro, 36 g carb, 6 g fiber, 19 g fat, 2 g sat fat, 33 mg chol, 562 mg sodium
Flat Belly Diet Bonus Flavor-packed ingredients such as sun-dried tomatoes, nuts, and fresh herbs eliminate the need for high-fat cream or butter sauces.