Date, Walnut, and Blue Cheese Ball
- 1 cup (4 oz) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 TBS buttermilk
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 TBS minced pitted Medjool dates (2-3 dates)
- 1 TBS minced shallots
- 1/2 tsp grated lemon rind
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 2 1/2 TBS walnuts, toasted, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
Adapted from epicurious.com
1. Place first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed 2 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add dates, shallots, lemon rind, salt, & pepper. Beat at medium speed until well-blended, scraping side of bowl as necessary.
2. Spoon cheese mixture onto a large sheet of plastic wrap. Form into a ball, using a rubber spatula. Wrap cheese ball in plastic wrap; chill overnight.
3. Combine parsley and walnuts in a shallow dish. Unwrap cheese ball; gently roll in nut mixture, coating well. Place on a serving plate. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes 8 servings. Each serving = 5 Weight Watchers points.