Tarragon Green Beans
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- Coarse salt & freshly ground pepper
Cooking time 15mins
1. Melt butter in a large, high sided skillet over medium heat. Add shallot: cool, stirring constantly, until soft and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add beans, and gently toss to coat with shallot mixture. Cook, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes.
2. Add wine. Raise heat to medium - high; cook, stirring often, 12 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until beans are tender, 3 to 5 minutes more. Stir in tarragon, and season with salt & pepper.