Thai - Red Curry Mussels
- 1 13.5-oz. can coconut milk
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, divided
- 1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled, julienned
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced on a diagonal
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Toasted country-style bread (for serving)
Bring coconut milk, tomatoes, wine, curry paste, and 2 Tbsp. basil to a boil in a Dutch oven or other large pot, stirring to incorporate curry paste.
Reduce heat and add onion, carrot, and celery; season with salt and pepper.
Bring liquid to a simmer, cover pot, and cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, transfer vegetables to a medium bowl and set aside.
Return liquid in pot to a simmer. Add mussels to pot, cover, and cook, shaking pot occasionally, until shells open (discard any mussels that do not open), about 4 minutes.
Divide mussels and cooking liquid among bowls,
top with reserved vegetables, parsley, and remaining 2 Tbsp. basil, and serve with bread alongside.