Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
Food and Wine
- 4 pounds chicken wings
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 2 scallions including green tops, chopped
- 5 teaspoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 8 ribs celery, cut into sticks
1. Heat the oven to 425°. In a large bowl, combine the wings, oil, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the salt, and the cayenne. Arrange the wings in a single layer on two large baking sheets. Bake until just done, about 25 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium glass or stainless-steel bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, blue cheese, scallions, 1 teaspoon of the vinegar, the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and the black pepper.
3. In a large bowl, combine the ketchup, the remaining 4 teaspoons vinegar, and the Tabasco sauce. Add the wings and toss to coat. Serve the wings with the celery sticks and blue-cheese dressing alongside.