Lime Curd Cheesecake
- 1 1/2 cups butter cookie crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 packages (each 8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbsp lime zest
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
1. CRUST: In a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press into bottom of cheesecake pan and freeze.
2. FILLING: Bring water to a simmer in the bottom of a double boiler. In the top of double boiler, away from from heat, whisk yolks. Sprinkle sugar in while whisking. Pour top part of double boiler over the simmering water. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick, about 7 minutes. Whisk in butter. Set aside to cool in a bowl. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. Mix in zest, juice and vanilla. Reserve half of the cooled lime mixture for the topping. Swirl remaining half into batter. Pour over crust. Bake for 45 to 55 minutes or until the top is light brown. Cool for 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate for 6 hours before decorating or hours.
3. DECORATION: Spread remaining lime mixture in the center, about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) from the edge of the cake. Pipe a whipped cream border around top of cake.