Baked Artichoke Chicken
This recipe won a contest on a television show called The Chew. Mario Batali and others judged 3 chicken recipes made by regular people, and this won first prize!
- 4 pounds chicken legs and thighs, with skin (I used a chicken cut up, including breasts)
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, halved (canned is fine)
- 1 medium onion, cut into pieces same size as the artichokes
- 1 pound white button mushrooms (halved or quartered)
- 2 tablespoons brown mustard
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup red or white wine (you could also sub in chicken stock)
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
Adapted from staceysnacksonline.com
Preheat oven to 350F-375F, depending if you like crispy skin or not.
Place artichokes, onions and mushrooms on the bottom of a big pan.
Place chicken pieces on top of the vegetables.
Mix the mustard with the rest of the ingredients and pour over chicken.
Season w/ kosher salt & pepper.
Bake about 1 hour, basting the pieces once or twice.
You'll also love
- 5-Ingredient Lemon Panko Shrimp 4.2/5 (25 Votes)
- Easy Shrimp Scampi 4.2/5 (24 Votes)
- Ranch Chicken Enchilada Caserole 4.3/5 (22 Votes)
- Cocoa Ribbon Pound Cake 4.1/5 (20 Votes)
- Latin Fried Chicken 4.2/5 (19 Votes)
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole (Low... 4.4/5 (13 Votes)
- Kelly Ripa's Artichoke Dip 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Paleo Sun Dried Tomato Chicken Bake 3.9/5 (47 Votes)