Gordon Ramsay's Sublime Scrambled Eggs
The best recipe for scrambled eggs created by everyone's favorite stern chef, Chef Gordon Ramsay. Sublime Scrambled Eggs are the best way to start any day, whether you are lounging in on a lazy weekend or in the typical weekday morning routine, whip these up and start your day with a hearty meal of some of the creamiest scrambled eggs you'll ever make.
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter, diced, ice-cold
- 2 tablespoons crème fraîche
- freshly ground sea salt and pepper (you can use regular salt if you need to)
- 3 chives, snipped (substitute with green onion if necessary)
- 3 slices, rustic bread to serve, such a French whole grain Pain Poilâne sour dough bread
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 20mins
Adapted from food.com
Break the eggs into a cold, heavy-based pan, place on the lowest heat possible, and add half the butter. Using a spatula, stir the eggs frequently to combine the yolks with the whites.
As the mixture begins to set, add the remaining butter. The eggs will take about 4 to 5 minutes to scramble, they should still be soft and quite lumpy. Don’t let them get too hot, keep moving the pan off and back on the heat, the bottom of the pan stays heated even after taking it off of the stove.
Meanwhile, toast the bread. He used sourdough bread.
Add the crème fraîche and season the eggs at the last minute, then add the snipped chives. Put the toast on warm plates, pile the softly scrambled eggs on top and serve immediately.
You'll also love
- Avocado Toast with Goat Cheese &... 4.3/5 (15 Votes)