Rigatoni With Mushrooms And Pancetta
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta diced small
- 1 small onion diced small
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 pound button mushrooms minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes in juice - (28 oz)
- 1/2 pound rigatoni
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add the pancetta and fry until crisp, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the pancetta from the pan with a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on paper towels, leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
Add the onion and cook until translucent, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic, 1 minute, being careful not to burn it. Add the minced mushrooms and cook until they release their moisture, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and their juices, bring to a boil and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the flavors have melded, 10 to 15 minutes.
When the water is boiling, cook the rigatoni until al dente, 11 to 12 minutes. Drain the pasta and set aside.
Add salt and pepper to taste to the sauce, along with the parsley and thyme. Toss the pasta with the sauce and top with the pancetta and Parmesan to taste just before serving.
This recipe yields 2 to 3 servings.
Each of 3 servings: 369 calories; 991 mg sodium; 16 mg cholesterol; 15 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 47 grams carbohydrates; 15 grams protein; 5.78 grams fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (872 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (687 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (665 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Crock Pot Ravioli Casserole 4.5/5 (475 Votes)
- Rigatoni Bolognese 4.5/5 (73 Votes)