Barbecue Meat Loaf
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese bread crumbs)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Garnish: fresh parsley
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 90mins
Adapted from cookingwithpauladeen.com
1.Preheat oven to 350°. Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine ground chuck, sausage, panko, onion, celery, eggs, and parsley.
3. In a small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Add 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce mixture to meat mixture, stirring gently to combine. Reserve remaining barbecue sauce mixture.
4. Shape meat mixture into a 9x5-inch loaf; place on prepared baking sheet. Brush half of reserved barbecue sauce mixture over loaf, and bake for 1 hour. Brush loaf with remaining barbecue sauce mixture. Bake for 15 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion registers 160°. Remove from oven, and let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.