Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1 can sliced pineapple in syrup - (8 1/4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon softened butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar - (packed)
- 4 maraschino cherries drained
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Drain the pineapple, reserving 2 tablespoons of syrup.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a 6-inch oven-proof skillet. Add the brown sugar and stir until dissolved. Remove from the heat. Place the pineapple slices on top of the sugar mixture. Fill the center of each pineapple with 1 cherry.
Combine the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and allspice in a bowl. Blend the orange zest with the milk in a separate bowl. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon soft butter, egg and the reserved 2 tablespoons of syrup. Beat until blended. Add the flour mixture and stir to make a batter.
Pour the batter over the pineapple in the skillet, being careful not to disturb the slices. Bake until the cake springs back when lightly touched, 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Loosen the edges from the sides of the pan and invert the cake onto a platter.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
Each serving: 270 calories; 233 mg sodium; 51 mg cholesterol; 7 grams fat; 4 grams saturated fat; 49 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams protein; 0.76 gram fiber.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (287 Votes)
- Frozen Banana Bites 4.5/5 (272 Votes)
- Pineapple Mango Rum Cocktail 4.5/5 (145 Votes)
- Pineapple Chicken Salad Lettuce... 4.6/5 (101 Votes)