Shrimp Boil On A Stick With Thyme Lemon Butter
- SHRIMP BOIL:
- 12 uncooked jumbo shrimp, peeled & deveined (~6 oz)
- 3 ears fresh corn
- 1 lb tiny new potatoes
- 1 lb Andouille sausage, cut in 1" pieces
- 6 green onions, cut into 2" lengths (or chunks of yellow onion)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 TBS Old Bay seasoning
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- THYME LEMON BUTTER:
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 2 TBS white wine or chicken broth
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 TBS chopped fresh thyme
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 10mins
1. Remove husks from corn. Scrub to remove silks; rinse. Cut corn cobs in 1" pieces.
2. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven cook potatoes, covered, in boiling salted water for 5 minutes. Add corn; return to boiling. Cook 5 minutes more or until vegetables are just tender. Drain, set aside, cool slightly. On presoaked skewers, thread shrimp, sausage, potatoes, corn, and green onions.
3. In a bowl, stir together olive oil and Old Bay; brush over skewers.
4. Grill skewers on greased rack of uncovered grill directly over medium-high coals for 8-10 minutes or until shrimp are opaque, turning once halfway through and adding lemon wedges the last 2-3 minutes of grilling. Serve with Lemon Thyme Butter.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 15 Weight Watchers points (pork sausage) or 12 Weight Watchers points (chicken sausage) or 8 Weight Watchers points (no sausage).
THYME LEMON BUTTER:
1. In a small saucepan, combine juice of 1/2 a lemon, 2 TBS white wine, 1 clove minced garlic, & 1 TBS chopped fresh thyme. Bring to boiling. Gradually whisk in 1/4 cup butter (cut in small cubes) until all the butter is melted. Remove from heat.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 3 Weight Watchers points.