Sausages with Polenta and Peppers
- 4 hot italian sausage links
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 TBS minced garlic
- 3 cups coarsely chopped bell peppers (mix green, red, etc)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 tsp dried oregano o 1/4 cup fresh
- salt and pepper to taste.
Prick sausages and brown in skillet without adding oil. Turn down heat and add wine. Cover and poach the sausages for 10 mintues. Heat oil and saute garlic, then add peppers, onion and oregano until slightly softened. Salt and pepper. Make a creamy polenta (polenta with cream and parmesan cheese) and serve sausages and pepper mixture over top.