Zucchini Almond Bread
The taste of the cinnamon and nutmeg in it, brought it all together! This Zucchini Almond Bread is so moist it practically melts in your mouth.
- 1 cup Greek yogurt plain 0% fat
- 1/2 cup apple sauce, unsweetened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar or 1 cup NuNaturals Presweet Tagatose
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup zucchini, grated, squeezed, drained
- 1 cup whole wheat white flour
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from peanutbutterandpeppers.com
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Grease 1 large loaf pan or 3 mini loaf pans with cooking spray; set a side.
In a medium bowl, add yogurt, applesauce, sugar, egg whites, and vanilla extract; mix until until blended.
Fold in zucchini.
In a separate bowl add flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg; Mix together.
Pour flour mixture over zucchini mixture and mix until just combined.
Fold in almonds.
Spoon batter into a greased 9- x 5-inch loaf pan or 3 mini loafs. Use the back of the spoon to smooth batter out.
Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour for 1 large loaf or 30 to 35 minutes for 3 mini loafs, or until a wooden pick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
You'll also love
- Scalloped Potatoes From Skillet 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Fireside Beef Stew with Squash 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Hot Spiced Cranberry-Apple Cider 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Potato Salad with Herbs & Grilled... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Teriyaki Zucchini Fried Noodles... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- HCG Diet (P3) Danish Filling for... 4.6/5 (11 Votes)
- White Bread by Julia Child 4/5 (62 Votes)