Zuppa Toscana (better than Olive Garden!)
Very easy, great taste.....also easy to adjust recipe and make it your own.
- 1 lb. Italian sausages (spicy for that signature Olive Garden flavor)
- 4-6 russet potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/4 c. REAL bacon pieces (optional)
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic (about 3-4 cloves)
- 32 oz. chicken broth
- 1 c. kale or Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 c. heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp flour
Preparation time 45mins
Cooking time 360mins
Adapted from facebook.com
1. Brown sausage links in a sauté pan.
2. Cut links in half lengthwise, then cut slices.
3. Place sausage, chicken broth, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker. Add just enough water to cover the vegetables and meat.
4. Cook on high 3-4 hours (low 5-6 hours) until potatoes are soft.
5. 30 minutes before serving, mix flour into cream removing lumps.
6. Add cream, kale, and bacon to the crock pot; stir.
7. Cook on high 30 minutes or until broth thickens slightly.
8. Add salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
BEST. SOUP. EVER!!!!