Tuna Melt - New Jersey Diner Style
A tangy take on the traditional tuna melt.
- 1 can (6 oz) solid white tuna in water, drained
- 2 TBS Mayonnaise (full fat)
- 2 TBS celery, finely minced
- 1 TBS onion, finely minced
- 1 1/2 tsp parsley, finely minced
- 1/2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 slices bread
- 2 slices ripe tomato
- 4 slices Swiss cheese (1 oz each)
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 10mins
Adapted from allrecipes.com
1. Preheat broiler
2. In a bowl, mix the tuna, mayonnaise, celery, onion, parsley, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Place bread slices on a baking sheet and broil 1 minute in the oven, until lightly toasted. Remove from heat and spread with the tuna salad mixture. Place 1 cheese slice over the tuna salad on top of each piece of bread, layer with a tomato slice, and top with remaining cheese slice.
4. Return layered bread to the oven and broil 3-5 minutes, until cheese is melted.
Makes 2 servings (slices). Each serving = 13 Weight Watchers points (may vary depending on what type of bread you use).