Sweet & Savory Pork Chops
- 4 center-cut, bone-in pork chops (4 oz meat each)
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tsp fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 TBS Dijon mustard
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 30mins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a baking dish with cooking spray. Season pork chops with salt and pepper.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Add pork chops and cook until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer pork chops to prepared baking dish, and finish in the oven, 7-10 minutes.
3. Heat the same skillet over high heat for 1 minute. Quickly add the chicken stock to deglaze the pan, scraping up any browned bits. Add rosemary and bring to a boil over high heat. Boil rapidly until liquid is reduced by half, 1-2 minutes. Add apricot preserves and bring mixture back to a boil, then lower heat to medium. Cook sauce, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Stir in mustard.
4. Lower heat to medium, and place cooked pork chops in skillet along with any juices from baking dish. Turn chops several times in sauce to coat. Spoon remaining sauce over chops and serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings. Each serving = 8 Weight Watchers points.