Pecan Cut-Out Cookies
Pecan Cutout Cookies are the perfect treat for the holidays! Forget the regular sugar cookies!
- VANILLA SUGAR:
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Preparation time 35mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Preheat oven to 325°F. Place pecans and 1/2 cup sugar in a food processor; process until pecans are finely ground. Transfer to a large bowl.
Stir flour and remaining sugar into pecan mixture; cut in butter until crumbly. Transfer mixture to a clean work surface; knead gently to form a smooth dough, about 2 minutes. (Mixture will be very crumbly at first, but will come together and form a dough as it's kneaded.) Divide dough in half.
On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-inch cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Cool on pans 5 minutes. Meanwhile, in a shallow bowl, mix vanilla sugar ingredients until blended.
Dip warm cookies in vanilla sugar to coat; cool completely on wire racks. Store in airtight containers.
You'll also love
- Gratin Dauphinois (Potatoes Au... 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Banana Split Martini 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Rhubarb Upside Down Cake 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Touchdown Cookies 4.7/5 (13 Votes)
- Caramel-Stuffed Chocolate Chip... 4.7/5 (15 Votes)
- Honey-Roasted Peanut Butter Cookies 4.6/5 (23 Votes)
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies 4.5/5 (28 Votes)
- Pecan Praline Cookies with Brown... 4.3/5 (49 Votes)