Ragin' Cajun Chicken Pasta
This is one of my niece's favorite dishes. I love making it for her to make her smile.
- 12 oz. Linguine Pasta
- 6 Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into bite size pieces
- 6 tsp. Cajun Seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tbs. Butter
- 1 Medium Red bell Pepper, slice
- 3/4 Cup Sliced Mushrooms
- 3 Green Onions, slice
- 1/2 Cup Half and Half
- 3/4 tsp. Basil
- 3/4 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Cup Romano Cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbs. Flour
Preparation time 15mins
Cooking time 45mins
Adapted from bakespace.com
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
In a large ziplock bag, add chicken and cajun seasoning; toss until coated.
In a large skillet, over medium heat, melt butter. Add chicken and cook for 5 - 7 minutes, until almost cooked through. Add red bell pepper, mushrooms, and green onions. Saute for about 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
In a small bowl, toss 1/2 romano chees with flour until well blended. Reduce heat in skillet and add half and half, basil, garlic powder, and flour/romano cheese mixture. Heat to a very low simmer and allow sauce to thicken, stirring occasionally.
In large pasta bowl, add cooked pasta and chicken mixture. Toss together well. Add salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with remaining romano cheese.
MEDITERANIAN STYLE: Substitute cajun season with Italian seasoning and add sundried tomatoes.
You'll also love
- Chicken Walnut Bites 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Roast Pork Collar with Garlic &... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creamy Chicken Angel Hair 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sautéed Dijon Chicken With Peaches 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Crockpot Mushroom Chicken & Pasta 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Fusilli with Chicken & Asparagus 1/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken and Shrimp Jambalaya 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cajun Oven-Fried Chicken 0/5 (0 Votes)