This popcorn brittle is one of our families favorite treats for the holidays and... year round! It's so good!
- 1 bag microwave popcorn
- 1 cup M&M candies
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar; Firmly packed
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup lightly salted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Preparation time 55mins
Prepare popcorn according to package directions. Remove all un-popped kernels. Spread popped corn evenly in 15x10-inch nonstick shallow baking pan. Sprinkle evenly with M&M’S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies; set aside.
Place sugar, butter, corn syrup and vanilla in medium heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high and cook 3 minutes, stirring constantly with wooden spoon. Add peanuts. Cook an additional 2 minutes or to the hard-crack stage, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add baking soda and mix well.
Immediately pour caramel mixture evenly over popped corn and candy until coated. Do not stir. Let stand 30 minutes or until caramel has cooled and hardened.
Break into pieces. Store in tightly sealed container.
Tip: Hard-crack stage, 300 to 310°F on a candy thermometer, is when a small amount of boiling sugar syrup, dropped into very cold water, separates into hard brittle threads.
You'll also love
- Chicken & Potato Chowder 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- White Bean Burgers with Spinach 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Better Than Pumpkin Pie 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Squares 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Loaded Chicken and Corn Chowder 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Zucchini-Walnut Bundt Cake with... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Vegan Mushroom Ropa Vieja 4.1/5 (15 Votes)
- Feel-Good, Hearty Granola Bars 4.5/5 (13 Votes)