Shrimp and Potato Salad
- 1 small red onion (4 oz), thinly sliced into rings
- 5 TBS red wine vinegar
- 1 3/4 lb unpeeled russet potatoes
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 lb large shrimp, cooked, peeled, and deveined, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 3 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise, then crosswise (optional)
- 5 TBS olive oil
- 6 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 60mins
Adapted from epicurious.com
1. Place sliced onion in a strainer and rinse under cold water for 20 seconds; drain. Transfer onion to a large bowl; add red wine vinegar and toss to coat. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, boil potatoes in a medium pot of salted water until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain. Let cool slighly. Using a kitchen towel, rub skins off potatoes. Cut potatoes into 3/4" pieces and transfer to medium bowl. Drizzle wine over. Season with salt and pepper and gently toss to combine. Set aside.
3. Add shrimp, tomatoes, and oil to bowl with onions. Season with salt and pepper and toss gently to incorporate. Let sit for 5 minutes until flavors meld. Add basil and potatoes, toss gently, and serve.
Makes 4 servings. 11 Weight Watchers points per serving.