doTERRA Soothing Salve
A good salve is a must-have during the winter months to help moisturize skin and open up your airways! A good salve can be the base to many amazing recipes. Similar to the texture of petroleum jelly, you can customize this salve with essential oils to meet your needs. Add Breathe to help open up airways, Serenity or Lavender to help you sleep better, or Citrus Bliss for an invigorating moisturizer. The options are endless!
- 1/2 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/2 cup almond oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax
- 1/2 tablespoon vitamin E oil
- 5 drops Lavender
- 5 drops Cypress
- 5 drops Melaleuca
- 5 drops Frankincense
- 5 drops Eucalyptus essential oils
- Note: This salve recipe has an aroma that will help open up your airways. This is a must have during winter months!
Adapted from doterrablog.com
1. Melt beeswax in double boiler.
2. Once melted, add grapeseed, almond, and vitamin E oil until melted.
3. Once combined, set aside for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add essential oils and stir.
5. Pour in container and allow to set for 2 hours.
6. You’re done! To use, apply to skin or on chest to help ease breathing.
dōTERRA essential oils can be purchased through my website at: