Green Bean Casserole
Yields 4 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen green beans, thawed
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 1 (8-ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola or blue cheese
- 1/2 cup French fried onions
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Coat a 2-quart baking dish with cooking spray.
Place green beans in baking dish and set aside
In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk flour into milk.
Stir in mushrooms, salt, and pepper; bring to a simmer, and cook 4 to 5 minutes or until sauce thickens, stirring frequently.
Stir cheese into mixture, then pour over green beans.
Stir beans gently.
Bake 15 minutes.
Remove from oven, sprinkle French fried onions on top, and bake 10 to 15 more minutes, or until bubbly.